April 12, 2009

and on the 3rd day he became ZOMBIE JESUS

Today the Easter Bunny left a basket - okay a big brown box - at my door...okay the delivery-man knocked 4 or 5 times and probably rang the doorbell once or twice but I was in the shower and I completely horrified/mortified ("horrtified"?) him by answering in my towel because gjfshkdlt I need a bathrobe. Inside the box were several types of candies, a piece of sheet music for piano, Maruchan ramen (which you can't get in Japan, but I have found that Nissin ramen is almost exactly the same stuff except it obvs does not have "Oriental" flavor packets), and Vol. 45 Issue 14 of The Onion. Apparently President Obama has been depressed and distant since the Battlestar Galactica series finale. I probably would have been, too, had I been following the show at all. I will have to pick it up sometime when Hulu is actually available in my region.

Anyway, thanks, Easter Bunny :B

Also today, I started cooking again. Like real cooking, not boil-some-noodles or fry-up-an-egg kinda "gorramit I dun' feel like eating :c" cooking. I am attempting to grow some hhhhhherbs in little earthenware pots so that I may have fresher things with which to cook in the fall, but the seeds I bought were kinda old (packaged last year), so I 'unno if they'll sprout or not. According to the internets, I may have to wait 1 - 8 weeks to find out.

Also also today, before I started cooking again, I was a spectacular dork and got to snark at comics-universe Nightwing as comics-universe Talia al-Ghul while animated-universe Nightwing got sassy with Booster Gold over shacking up with said al-Ghul crazy/awesome manipulative ho-bag and letting her convince him that the ninth Doctor of Doctor Who fame has, in fact, kidnapped and spatio-temporally dislocated the anthropomorphized embodiment of madness and mania, Delirium of The Sandman fame, the consequences of which include but are not limited to the unbalancing of the entire multiverse and Batman becoming "normal" again, i.e. not-Batman-anymore. Yeah.

As a prelude to this nerdomancy, Nicole and I drove to the Meiwa Aeon center to see "The Watchmen" yesterday, and I am pretty sure we were the only two people in the entire theater, besides the American dood sitting next to us, who could A: appreciate the historical contexts referenced by an alternate-history-1985, and 2: track and discuss the film's deviations from the comics. Then we spent a good 10 minutes trying to decide who would have better-suited the role of Laurie.

3 comments:

Fragile Porpoise said...

Horrtified is my new favorite cross-fusion.
The Easter Bunny brings you the Onion? I want to be his friend, yo.

1-8 weeks sounds like a powerful vague amount of time. How about 2-3weeks or 6-8 weeks? How do you go from 1 week to two months? Damn.

I don't know what you just said but where's Green Arrow in all this???

I so totally want to viddy Watchmen with you.

Nikki said...

I just realized, if you made it "hortified" it would probably mean something like you have been turned into a farmable plant XD I think that makes it BETTER

Speaking of which it turns out it only took 4 days for the liddle tykes to sprout. Now I'm the proud new parents of tiny baby basil <3 and oregano and thyme. I need to think of different names for them all so's I can talk to them and be crazy like that >.>

Fragile Porpoise said...

I want to be a humant! Sweet! xU

Talking to plants isn't crazy although it might be a bit morbid if you plan on eating them...