November 5, 2009

exposed in public! O:

By which I mean, please to enjoying my arts exhibition pictures very much yes! ~/o/

First off, lemme just say that all the other exhibitors at the Nagoya Foreign Artists Exhibition are amazazing artists and superfantastic peoples. There is a core circle of folks who've been showing their stuff there since the first one 24 years ago - I heard a couple veterans marveling at the fact that this was the first year they
had a few participants who were younger than the event itself (that would include me <.< but only by a few months!)

On opening day (Tuesday) it was a bit slow
in the morning, but a big rush hit around lunchtime and a few of my friends showed up in the afternoon (it was a public holiday, so everyone was off work) Here are a couple Japanese ladies enjoying the artstuffs. Check out that wicked pencil portrait of Billie Joe Armstrong! And the pretty birds as well c: And the dood in back there is a German photo-journalist living in Nagoya who just started a new English-language magazine with his friend. How awesome is this show?! The answer is purty awsum, guys.
And of course, here is my stoof.

A bunch of people had name-cards next to their artist profile, so I decided even though I don't have a website or anything yet I may as well make my own. Y'know, for poops 'n' giggles. There were 14 left when I departed on Tuesday night, so we'll see how many are remaining on Sunday.
And finally, proof that I was indeed there. A lovely volunteer coordinator by the name of Jan kindly took some pictures for me, as well as chattin' with me during the lulls and gently funneling people past my panel (n___n)

4 comments:

Fragile Porpoise said...

Dude, that is so fantastic! I'm proud of you, kiddo. Exciting. :D
The art looks lovely. I really like the second one and your little name card thinger. n__n I wish to purchase of your arts.

Nikki said...

Thanks lady! <3 The second one definitely got the most varied and animated reactions overall :3
Heehee, I'll sendja a name-care so's you have a handy reminder of my address XD I really need to check the e-mail I listed there more often now...

I wish for you to have my arts, but also for you to have moar munnies with which to purchase musiks and stoof.
Will work on a solution to this ( u w u )

Anonymous said...

Have I mentioned lately how you're frakking amazing? I wish I had one of your business cards. :-P

Nikki said...

Takes an amazering lady to know one ;p

Done and done, I shall mail you one, as well! /o/