April 1, 2009

Ow?

Spent the day at the Dragonhill Spa yesterday. After soaking in every kind of bath that wasn't hot enough to boil me alive, I decided to go for the Back/Shoulders Oil Massage in the "Relaxation Hall." It was 70 minutes, ridiculously cheap, and many parts of it I very much enjoyed. However, there was a 20-minute warm-up Sports Massage to kick it off and "relax the body..." I assume it's only meant to start working after it's done, as you are so relieved that the torture has ended you can't do anything else but go limp. The surly-looking lady at the front desk did it, and I feel like she was working off all of her job frustration on every crevice of my back. Ensuing 50-minute treatment by a younger and gentler woman and full day of lying in tubs notwithstanding, this morning I woke up feeling as if I'd been beaten around the neck and shoulders with a very big stick, possibly studded with iron lumps.

My back feels great, though! And I smell pretty and my skin is quite refreshed, so all in all good deal.

Today we are undoing all of yesterday's possibly-therapeutic bumming around and hiking up a mountain, after visiting the International Zen Center. I am armed with a couple bananas, some sunflower seeds, a full canteen of water, my sketchbook, pencils, inks, and pastels.

4 comments:

Ku said...

First you were nearly boiled alive on the Hill of the Dragon, then you got beat up by two Korean women and barely escaped, finally spending the night at ye local inn. In the morning, refreshed and at max HP, you continued on your quest to visit the main temple of the Zen clerics. From there, you have been sent to climb the mountain on a dangerous adventure, bringing with you only meager rations of lv. 1 food, water, and four of your weapons of choice...

This sounds like the most awesome campaign evar. >v<

O,O JOO CLOMB'D A MOUMTIN~! I'm so, so very hungry for moumtin pictures! Were the birds loverly and friendly, or did they steal your foods? I sure would, if I were a bird and you came up MY mountain with sunflower seeds. Also, I would fly along very nicely and sing you a song while you hiked. I hope your bird friends were just like that. ^^

PS: How're your legs now? Are there any leg masseurs around...? I hope so, cause nobody in your party has lv. 10 cure yet. XD

Nikki said...

You win the blogger comment boxes for ever and always <3 Can I just hire you to walk around commentating on my life plz??

And my legs are okay now, so no need for any fancy squeezins on 'em XP Pictures are coming ah swurs...I just need to re-size the hell outta 'em or they'll be all BWOOOOOOSH AHM IN UR HARD DRIBE, NOMMIN' UR MEM'REE

Unknown said...

NUH-UH, you are just very nice and have an interesting life for to comment upon. (Upon which to comment...? o.o' My English, it flounders. ;_;)

Glad your legs are in stable condition. :D Also, your pictures can nom my memory any day. ;D

Unknown said...

OH NO I SIGNED WITH MY SPAM ACCOUNT DURRR. Sorry. ;_;