February 17, 2009

Speaking of UNEXPECTED:

HOLY CRAP SNOW!!! LIKE, SNOW! Outside, in Isobe, this morning when I woke up, and blowing in my face as I walked to work and YES! Very yes!

This is snow outside my apartment!


This is snow ON A F***ING PALM TREE (circled for your convenience, because there's so much SNOW you might miss it!)

...This snow was all gone by 10:30 am D:
The town was dry as a bone by noon o'clock. BUT, I still managed to make the best of it. I threw snowballs at the students I saw outside before I even got into the office, and after two minutes of sitting inside thinking "Wow, just...wow. SNOW," I got my butt back out there and constructed a wee-tiny totem to the snow gods, who made me the happiest snow-bunny this morning.
Here he is, the littlest snowman. Yes that is a flowerpot next to him. FULL OF SNOW. Love him, for he is fabuloooouuuus (I only noticed later, after he was but a puddle on the stairs, that the pictures I took made him look pretty flamboyant. Hip thrust out at a flirtatious angle, winking right atcha, arms thrown wide open to the skies going "Look at me, world, I'm spectacular!" Aaaawr ;__; I miss him already)

4 comments:

Ku said...

FHABULOUS.

XD Flamboyant snowman is quite assuredly the best snowman I have ever seen outside of a Calvin & Hobbes strip.

In addition to that, YAY AT THE SNOW. A very rare and auspicious occurence indeed! (Or disconcerting sign of global climate change, take your pick!) I doubt there will be any more snow here in the Missouri, as the weather has been all like "WTFWARMNAOlololol" for two, maybe three weeks. Yeah. It was 70 in central Illinois last week. ;_;

Also, furthermore, the secret to tracking peeples is THIS.

(PS: Anteater stuffie is also good at spider-spooking. XD)

Meli said...

yay snow! yay!
(ps i miss you.)

Nikki said...

Meli~! <3 I miss you too! And all the Outreach peeps! And some other peeps as well, but mostly you guys ;3

Next time you see Bears, give him a hug and a hearty "BITCH TROLL FROM HELL" for me. Don't worry, he'll understand.

Fragile Porpoise said...

That is indeed a spectacular man of snow. He brought a tear to my eye.