February 24, 2009

Iko Iko

Taught my 2A girls the refrain from Sugar Boy Crawford's recording of "Jock-A-Mo" today in class. It was pretty much the highlight of my Fat Tuesday, since there is neither sassafras nor andouille sausage to be found in J-land, thus no way to make proper gumbo, and it was too rainy to have an impromptu parade with the Mardi Gras masks that we made :c

Today was mostly an I-don't-want-to-be-around-people day. Of course, an hour from now, I'm going to teach at the community center and get home just before
10. These phenomena seem to coincide a lot.

Be that as it may, here is something which makes me feel not-grumpy and less like a useless lump: Anteater stuffie pattern at last!

Click for make happy fun downloading time yes do

Rendered by the amazing Ku, with yours-may-look-like-this pic also from Ku!

Note: my firstborn arikui (Japanese for anteater) son's vestments look a little wonky because I hand-stitched them rather than using a solid piece of felt.

ALSO note: the tail is a mite bit tricky to reverse on account a' it's long 'n skinny. If you ttly rawk at edge-to-edge sewing I'd recommend that instead. Even if you don't, try it out!

No comments: