January 20, 2009

Miscellany

Oh, the world is full of words that I love ♥
Such as "vertiginous," 「ときどき」(tokidoki), and "recherche"

I played a word-game with my second-years today that's like a cross between hot potato and musical chairs, only English words are the potatoes and the music is
from the original "Batman" TV series. The penalty for being the one caught out is they have to answer a conversational question in English. I have questions of varying levels, from "What is your name? What is your quest? What is your favorite color?" etc. to "Do you think there are aliens on other planets?" Can't wait to get to that one.

Also can't wait to get to Ise this weekend - LaLa Park, woooo! Just like all the other hojillion Aeon shopping complexes in J-pan, except I've actually bought stuff at this one and it's called "LaLa Park" XD


This is either another instance of "Japan is weird," or "goddamn I'm getting old already" - remember when you used to sometimes find Cracker Jacks or little plastic toys in the cereal box? Guess what I found in mine. Go on, guess. ok i'll tell you, jeez

Unfortunately I have not watched it yet, as my laptop has just run out of DVD region changeovers, but I'll bet it's CRAZY AWESOME FUN TIMES WITH PENGUINS.

Speaking of crazy awesome animals, meet the newest addition to my menagerie (another good word, but I just can't love it like I love mélange):
Who's a sciatic little Tamandua? Yes you are! (somehow the seaming on his back made him curve a little to the right...I like to think it gives him character, though)

I sent the pattern to Ku to be all digitechnofunkisized, thus why I am not able to share it at the mo', but fear not, soon all y'all crafts-inclined type persons can make your very own army of southern / lesser / vested anteaters.

Sorry for springing that on ya, Ku, but many thanks for the postcard. And yes, you can start building that joint USPS - JPS shrine now, because your Vegasoid-monstrosity-card DID get through them both and here's proof:And now it is HIGH time I started making dinner, 'cause there's gonna be a busy day of inaugural events taking place around midnight my time. GUESS WHO'S STAYING UP TIL 2 AM ON A WORK NIGHT I'll give you three chances and the first two don't count (.__.)a

No comments: